Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Screen Printing - PLASTISOL HEAT TRANSFERS

Why the heck would you want to screen print heat transfers?  It takes so much time to get everything ready for printing, why not just screen print the shirt?  Why would I want to screen print onto transfer paper and THEN heat press the design onto a shirt.  Makes no sense, right?  That was my response when I first heard about plastisol heat transfers.  It sounded like a lot of extra work until I watched this video from Guru Ink



After watching this video I definitely see the benefits of having the capability of doing plastisol heat transfers.  I think it would be beneficial to print 5 or 10 plastisol heat transfers after printing a run of shirts.  You already have the press set up so why not print up a few and have them handy if needed.  From the results in the video they turn out great.  Most of my products will be sold online but I also want to sell at craft fairs and other events.  It would be very easy to bring my heat press to these events and be able to whip up a few shirts if I run low.  This would save me the cost of printing shirts that do not sell. 

PLASTISOL HEAT TRANSFERS...definitely a product I plan on trying soon!

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment