Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Newman "CONSTANT FORCE" Squeegee

I've had to lay off printing for a while because of a bulging disc in my neck and lower back.  I have had crazy symptoms for months but every test kept coming back fine.  Even after an MRI showed bulging discs, the back doctor said my back looked fine.  I finally found a chiropractor who showed me what is going on and I've been working with him for the past couple weeks.  Symptoms are slowly going away and I should be back to printing in a couple weeks. :) 

Because screen printing can be a stress on the upper body I have tried to do things that would be less of a strain on that part of my body.  I have found that "pushing" a squeegee is easier on my body then pulling a squeegee and it works great.  I was watching videos on YouTube today and I came across a video about a "PUSH SQUEEGEE" manufactured by Stretchdevices.com .  The name of the squeegee is the Newman "CONSTANT FORCE" squeegee.

Here is the video by ElephantGraphics!



I definitely want to try this squeegee.  I did some research and its called the "CONSTANT FORCE" squeegee by Newman.  Here is a link to a great article about it and links to suppliers.  http://www.stretchdevices.com/squeegees-and-floodbars

My favorite company, silkscreeningsupplies.com does not carry this particular squeegee, although they do can other Newman products.  I may call them and see if they can get it.  If not, I will check out one of the distributors from the link.

As always, thanks for reading!
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment