Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

SURVEY SAYS

Is there such a thing as a "perfect" shirt for printing?  No, not really!  Everyone has there own style.  Some like their shirts loose and some like them form fitting.  The idea is to find the right shirt for each of the styles and more importantly find the right shirt that fits "YOUR" shirt designs and will sell to "YOUR" customer base. 

Right now I am conducting a survey to find out what customers prefer....form fitting or loose!  At the moment "loose" seems to be the preferred fit.  I want to try and get the right shirt from the start but I may have to try a few different shirts to find the right one.  I purchased two shirt samples a few days ago but again, I am not happy with the cut.  I ordered a BELLA 8703 which is a sheer rib scoop neck tee.  The shirt feels great but YIKES, the scoop neck is VERY low.  I also ordered an ANVIL OR428 which is a ladies 5 oz organic cotton tee.  This shirt feels awesome but the medium I ordered fits me like a large and it is not a fitted tee.  I have ordered 8 or 9 different women's shirts but have not found one I really like.

I did some more research and found a few more companies I hadn't checked out before. 

TSC Apparel has their own brand of shirts called TULTEX (tultex.net).  Both the men's and women's shirts look nice and their price isn't bad.

BareApparel.com has some GREAT shirts but they are very expensive ($12 +).  They offer shirts similar to what the Affliction brand prints on.  Lots of cool washes.  If you were selling your shirts for $30-$40 it would be worth it to purchase them. 

I looks like epacificsports.com has some nice shirts with great prices.  I did not see any women's shirts on their site which was a bummer but I may order a few of the men's shirts to check them out.

Royalapparel.net has some nice shirts but expensive like American Apparel.

While my survey is in progress I will order a few samples from the above companies.  Maybe I will be lucky and come close to finding the "perfect" shirt.

Jeanette

1 comment:

  1. Hi didn't quite get the objective of your survey, are you looking for t-shirts to resell or to wear. If it is this latter then I suggest you give a look to our new brand Sevenshirt, www.sevenshirt.co.uk. The t-shirts are from American Apparel, we have both men and women plus great designs from designers worldwide and a unique message: human being beauty.
    Hope it helps.

    Marco Sevenshirt

    ReplyDelete