Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

HIRING AN ARTIST

In a previous post I did on "Money Saving Tips For Screen Printers", I said it was important to know your strengths and hire someone to fill in your weak spots.   I have come a long way with my computer graphics but "drawing from scratch" is still a weak spot for me.  Starting a business requires my energy in so many different areas and I just can't seem to find the quiet time to focus on my drawing skills.  It is definitely something I want to become proficient with but it requires time I just don't have right now. 

Today was my lucky day! I spent this afternoon with my brother and his family.  I brought my designs along to show my nieces and get their opinion.  It's GREAT to get their perspective because they know what is in style as well as what colors would look good together.  They are very picky when it comes to their clothes so I definitely respect their opinion.   Since they are part of my target market I know if they like a design I am good to go.   I told them they were hired as my fashion consultants!  :)   I was talking about finding someone to draw my designs and my niece said she had a friend who was an artist. 

We popped over to her Facebook page and WOW she is really good.  My niece sent her a message and we are scheduled to meet with her next Friday!  I am SO excited!  It will be nice to have someone local I can work with.  I will definitely let you know how it works out.

Have a great day!
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment