Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DRAWING 101

Trying to start a screen printing business without having any real graphic design or art skills is not the most ideal way of doing things.  It's kind of like trying to run before you learn how to walk.  Eventually you will get the hang of it but it will take you twice as long to reach your goal and you may not learn the proper running technique.

Over the last couple years I have continued to work on all the skills needed for my business; such as, computer graphics, drawing, screen printing, marketing etc.  I've tried learning everything by the "self taught" method even though I know I learn mostly from the "hands on" method.  Learning from a book has never been a strength of mine and I know that.   Stubbornness is also a trait of mine and I've been very stubborn about taking the step to get the proper training in the areas I need help.  As much as my skills have increased, I know my skills should be far more advanced, even with the limited time I have to work on those skills daily.  So I set my stubbornness aside and signed up for a drawing class. Drawing 101!!!

I started the class 3 days ago and I'm amazed how much I've learned already.  It's all about getting the proper foundation.  I'm so excited to finally get some technical training.  I've had a few, "Oh, that makes sense", moments already.  Since the class is only 6 weeks long, I'm going to share my progress on here as much as possible.  It will be interesting to see my progress throughout the weeks ahead.  Hopefully I won't be too embarrassed to post my drawings.  Some of them are kind of "yikes" but I will share anyway.  You have to start somewhere, right.

Jeanette

3 comments:

  1. Its going to take a while to get thru all your blog posts but I just found you... I'm so grateful too! like you I have jumped in and I have no clue what I'm doing... thank you. I found you by looking up how to build a drying rack. =) I built yours but I used the wrong wood, it still came out okay though. I just started testing out the emulsion. that's really hard and I've tried 2 and made a big mess all over. cant wait till I have more time to read your posts from the beginning and watch your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ususally all people likes the round collar shirts.U gave a idea regarding tshirts printing.Its really good..Keep it up.. Aluminium Windows |Aluminium bi Folding Doors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to buy tshirt through online with different style and colors..If any online shopping for tshirt means let me know..With advance thanks. Stair lifts | Stair lifts

    ReplyDelete