Checkout the new Ryonet website, it's a great place to learn more about screen printing and where we got all of our blogger screen printing equipment from!

Friday, May 6, 2011

WEEKEND AGENDA: COMPUTER TRAINING!

WEEKEND AGENDA:  COMPUTER TRAINING!!

The biggest challenge for me is the graphics part of screen-printing.  There is a learning curve with the whole process but t-shirt designing starts with the design itself.  Knowing how to put a design together is the most important part, at least I think so.

I have definitely come a long way with my designing but I have quite a bit more to learn.  Printing words on a shirt is easy.  Knowing how to make them POP off the shirt is the challenge.  The designs I've been working on lately are more detailed and have more layers to them.  I am having a little difficulty putting these new designs together. 

CORELDRAW is the program I use for designing.  I love using CORELDRAW!  It is a very easy program to learn but there is LOTS to learn.  My designs have been pretty simple so far so I hadn't focused a ton of time on the more advanced features of CorelDraw.  Now that I am venturing into more difficult designs I need to learn all the tools available to me.  I have a TON of designs in my head and on paper but they do me no good if I can't put them together on the computer.

I just did a blog post and video on "Money Saving Tips for Success!", where I talked about knowing your strengths and weaknesses.  If you have a weak spot, hire someone to do it for you.  I absolutely agree with that or I wouldn't have suggested it. :)  But, when the budget is tight you must figure out how to do it yourself.  :)

I decided to focus ALL of my attention on learning the many features of CorelDraw before I continue with my designing.  Luckily I purchased  a CorelDraw Power Training CD from advancedartist.com and it is AWESOME.    It takes you from basic tools to more advanced tools.  I started it last weekend and I am hoping to finish it in a week.  I won't be a pro at it in a week but it will definitely put me on the right path.

Thanks for reading!
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment